Geezus, how long ago did I read the first one, Unspoken? March 2013. Wow, I've forgotten quite a bit.
It feels a bit drier than I remember it. Although I think it was trying to set the mood for depressing as I crack open Untold, which I'll be doing some time this month hopefully. Then again, it might be the fact I was lacking sleep and braindead in the middle of the night, trying to convince myself to get some sleep but too awake to even bother. But after reading this, I have the desire to reread the first book again, but hullo memory, i still remember pretty much most of it so I'll probably be taking a crack at the second book Untold very soon since I got it for Christmas.
Also, after reading this, THINGS I WOULD LIKE/LOVE TO HAVE HAPPEN IN UNTOLD WOULD BE:
(1) Jared is a damaged douche that needs help. I liekd him in the first book better before the whole ripping his and Kami's connection apart.
(2) Poor Ash, he was just following orders, hopefully he redeems himself. I really liked him but he was pretty fishy to me throughout most of the first book. But I can tell he's a nice guy, he's not not given the chance to be THAT guy.
(3) More Angela. LOVE THIS GIRL. <3<br/>
(4) Kami is so strong, I hope she's better off by the end of Untold. yes i know i probably shot myself in the foot with saying that
(5) Also RUSTY. He better have more parts in Untold. I miss that guy. -sadface-
(6) MAGIC SYSTEM EXPLAINED OR AT LEAST BUILT UPON.
That is all...unless i really am forgetting stuff