Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  - J.K. Rowling I think there's several thoughts that go into this book for me, the length and weightiness that this tome imposes on the reader and what the reader discovers that lies within its pages, and what to perhaps expect as a result of such events that still continue to unfold. The mystery that Rowling began continues as more answers (not many) are revealed by the end of this story. And of course, the tears--the tears that I cry during several moments because I feel as if I'm there witnessing it all myself. You become so engrossed within the world of Harry Potter that you don't find yourself crying until you realize your shirt is wet.

I still don't think I can do this series enough justice with fancy words and whatnot. Because reading these books is a different experience for everyone. Not everyone will share the same feeling as those that waited and read the books when they were published nor when the movies were still being produced nor now when you merely hear the whispers of such a phenomenon. A phenomenon that is said that would perhaps not come back again for generations to come. This series itself was and is a gift in many ways, shapes and forms to whoever this story touches and is read by, whether out loud or in silence.

The characters just come alive, at least they do for me. Sure Harry's attitude in this book infuriated me to no end, I could understand his frustration and Voldemort uses and exploits this greatly. And of course Dolores Umbridge, I've never met such a vile woman ever to wear and be represented by the mere colour of pink. But Umbridge also proves to us that evil isn't merely concealed in darkness or in black, but in any colour and form. I think Rowling's abilities to create and bring to life is perhaps her greatest power--its the greatest power that any author could and will possess.

I still cannot do this series the entire justice that it deserves, and I'll only praise it because I still cannot find fault because if we do, its because we see ourselves in these characters--like Dumbledore tells, not only Harry, but to us the readers that it is entirely human to feel emotion and pain and whatever else we carry and burden upon ourselves...it is what it truly means to be human.

quickly now before this gets erased on me once more I shall dictate in my poetic writer nostalgia mode here