Forgotten Realms: Daughter of the Drow (Starlight and Shadows #1)

Daughter of the Drow (Forgotten Realms: Starlight & Shadows, #1) - Elaine Cunningham Hmmm.... 3.5 stars.

I had imagined this one differently. Yet its nothing like the other ones I've read -- basically being R.A. Salvatore in this central universe of the Dungeons&Dragons.

Still its a story nevertheless. It's characters are definitely interesting enough. However I was kind of missing the feeling that Salvatore gave.

But Cunningham's style almost gave me the remembrance of a high school drama, set in the world of D&D. It was kind of jarring in that sense. Yet it was interesting to see the conceptions of real life events and experiences transferred into a high fantasy-like setting.

Yeah, its really hard for me to give a good or perhaps even a great description of how I feel about the story overall. I just found it hard for it to....hmmmm....it's just really lots of mixed and muddled feelings about the whole story. For one, it felt like it dragged on in certain parts, others not so much. Sometimes it felt like it basically was trying to be too much at once and so on.

But it was an okay book for most part.