Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles)

Bewitching (Kendra Chronicles) - Alex Flinn Wowza. 4.5 Stars.

I really REALLY wanted to give you 5 stars but it just fell flat at the end for me...just a bit. The book came on so strongly for me, I think that's why I just felt a bit deflated at the end. Not a bad ending. Just think it could have had more. Or perhaps I'm just used to those endings that just seems satisfying or maybe I'm just picky. Then again, this is supposedly apart of a series so, as a writer myself, I understand completely. So I forgive. Doesn't exactly stop me from loving this book.

Like I said in my comments, the story really gave new premises and perspective on various fairytales you know by heart (to an extent, so if you were living under a rock then file for the lacking childhood fairytale form of abuse please lol). I love it when an author "rewrites" history or stories in a new unique version and they do it well just perfectly well. Out of the following stories: 'Cinderella', 'The Princess and the Pea', 'Hansel and Gretal' and even 'The Little Mermaid' -- I really was surprised how well Alex Flinn wove them perfectly into the narrative. Just beautiful. Most others just make it rather awkward, but Flinn doesn't and I applaud her for that.

Flinn's characters are really developed. I always enjoy them. You see all sides of a character: the good and the bad AND the ugly. I enjoyed Emma, although at times I'd just wanted to jump inside and shake her. Sometimes being good and quiet isn't all that cracked up to be unfortunately. :/ Still I love how she grew as a character throughout everything. Other characters developed which was perfect. Some didn't though, and I understand that, some people just don't change. AT ALL. xD

And Kendra.

Oh Kendra, Kendra, Kendra.

I loved you in Beastly, I still love you now in Bewitching. Kendra is truly one of the kinds of characters I love to read and know about. Even though her story is barely told, we learned quite a bit from her through intervals. I still think its a unique way to reveal more about the mysterious mischievous helpful Kendra and yet still keep her secrets from the reader. And I absolutely loved it. <3

All I can say is I really wished I had my own Kendra around some years past lol.

Or maybe I was my own Kendra, just minus the witchyness of course. ;D

Keep on reading as always folks!

Kenz~ <3