Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25

The Prisoner of Cell 25 - Richard Paul Evans I was curious about this book the moment I looked at it, and I was right. This was a pretty good book in its own right. I mean the kid got electrical powers?! I mean SIGN ME up for the Electroclan! :D

This is more of a 3.5 to 4 stars for me, now that I think of it.

I wanted to know more. And hey, I actually learned a thing or two about electrical things, like them eels and such. It was actually pretty cool how Evans meld science and fiction together in such a way you could see it actually possible.

Lol, 'science fiction'.

ANYWAY, back to the actual review, I rather enjoyed the characters above all. I was reading here and there about all the comparisons and cliches and blah blah blah, but I didn't really see any of those. Maybe I'm blind, who knows. But there's one thing I'd REALLY like to point out when the word cliche is used: there is NOTHING original now ... or rather its seen in a new way but the solid idea HAS been used before, just not in this way. Besides that I didn't really see many cliches here. Most cliches you just go, oh god no you didn't. And they're usually VERY predictable characters even, heaven forbid, mary sues and stus. :|

However, while the who I-get-bullied-and-I'm-so-thin-and-weak-and blah blah blah HAS been used before, it gives the character room for growth and improvement, which I saw in Michael's character over the course of the novel.

The other characters were good too. Quirky as well. I was rooting for Ostin for most of the story, he really added to the story. In my opinion, if Ostin wasn't Michael's sidekick/best bud then this story wouldn't have really worked for me. The other Glows were excellent. I loved each of them. And the villains really made me hate them for what its worth. I only hope they get their just deserts in the next book(s).

So thanks Ostin (and Michael and everyone else) for giving me a reason to stay (not that if Ostin wasn't there that I wouldn't have bothered reading....more like he improved the experience and enriched it so thanks Houston lol). XD

But in all in all, I could NOT put this book down. That's a sign of a good book. I look forward to seeing where this goes. So, definitely picking up the next book once I see it.

And I've seemed to ramble on again....so I'll shut up. :/