Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion

Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion - Brandon Mull {December 11th, 2014} FINALLY

“Do us all a favor and toss your mouth overboard.”

2.5 Stars not really that sorry.

When I finally finished reading this I was wheezing, I hadn't noticed I had held my breath as I just blasted through these pages like mad because it was just that painful of a read. How is this STILL flat? Already had low expecations set by the first book but this just maintained and dragged it into the we're-gotta-need-a-goddamn-miracle-here-boys-and-gals kind of pinch for me. I just...I don't know where this has gone wrong. I mean it's written well as far as I can see (except for those few instances where I found editing mistakes, like how did you seriously miss those?!).

All in all, it builds on from the first book, but again--like many others before it--this book suffers from second-book syndrome. It's awful to get infected with. Honestly, I think this could have been basically a duology for most part. There's so many characters now that you just have to go back and reread after you noticed something vital happened to them--at that point I wasn't really caring and just sped-read to insanity, just trying to find a point I could care and liked. Unfortunately there weren't too many of those. x:

It's a shame, but I now embark on the final book--before I dive back into the Fablehaven books (I just noticed they arrived today).

“Sometimes the best offense was avoiding self-destruction.”