Smashie McPerter and the Mystery of Room 11

Smashie McPerter and the Mystery of Room 11 - N. Griffin, Kate Hindley {February 2nd, 2015} MINI-REVIEW

I received this ARC from a Goodreads Giveaway.

3.5 stars.

Truly a delightful read and introduction to the mystery genre for age 7-10+. Really kept me guessing until a certain point, before the end. Smashie and Dontel were truly superstars in this. Their friendship and interactions really help balance each other out. Smashie is rash, impulsive and bold while Dontel remains level-headed, collected and thoughtful. Both of them have been best friends since ever, even their grandmothers are best friends before them--must be fate lol. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a kids mystery novel or read one it seems. And the illustrations are superb!

While there are some editing mistakes and some spaces that I didn't understand why was there (I assumed illustrations were supposed to be there?) this really went over well for me.

I'm looking forward to more Smashie and Dontel if there are anymore of these books, especially since I'm highly curious about this 'suits' they speak of--I mean, come on, designing your own investigation suit? How cool is that?!